Monday, October 25, 2010

Andrea Gibson, the prophetess.

I have no idea how it is even possible that I have never heard about her before. I found a link to her performance in one of the new blogs I added recently to my reader... something intrigued me in the description. An hour later, with heart pounding and eyes tearing, I am in love. I haven't heard such power, emotion and passion expressed so beautifully and powerfully. I think ever.  This is beyond words, I am overwhelmed. And I will find a way to include her poems in my teaching. If her words don't touch someone's heart, I am not sure there ever was one.

I tried to choose one video to post here.. but I am unable. I found her website, facebook, I downloaded some free mp3 from it. I feel hungry for her.

It's quite interesting that in my studies of prophets and prophetic writing, one of the common characteristic is extreme sensitivity to the world's injustice. A prophet was someone who lacked the ability to get used to seeing oppressed, greedy officials and poor widows. Someone who was not afraid to speak his/her mind, even if it was dangerous. A hero fighting with words, passion and tears. Fighting against hope, not giving up, mad with passion for justice.
Andrea Gibson fits this description perfectly.

oh, and she's fraking beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment